Title Loans Ogden, UT
Has life thrown an unexpected emergency in your lap? Whether you need to pay for important car repairs to get to work, pay bills to avoid late fees and utility disconnection, or put food on the table, title loans in Ogden can be the solution to give you the cash you need in just one to two days.
Car title loans in Utah are short-term, secured loans designed to help borrowers get through a short-term financial difficulty.
Title loans are secured by your vehicle’s title, although you do not need to give up your car to get the loan. Instead, the lender holds the title to your car and you continue driving while you make payments.
When the loan is paid in full, your title is returned. These fast cash title loans have very basic requirements and no credit requirements. Even if a bank has turned you down for a loan, you can borrow up to the value of your vehicle based on your ability to repay and your vehicle’s value — not your credit.
Velocity Cash is a trusted provider of title loans in Ogden, UT. We believe in responsible lending with competitive rates and loans up to the value of your car. We place no restrictions on how you use the money from your loan, whether you buy groceries, pay for home repairs, catch up on bills, or anything else.
Here’s how the lending process works in Utah and how you may benefit from a short-term title loan.
How to Apply for Title Loans in Ogden
Velocity Cash makes applying for an online car title loan easy and stress-free. The process begins with our short five-minute online application that requires contact information and basic information about your car, including its year, make, model, and mileage.
This information is used to calculate your car’s market value and, in conjunction with your income and ability to repay, the maximum loan amount you can receive.
We consider your ability to repay to ensure your loan is affordable and reduce the risk you face. You can also use a title loan quote calculator to help you determine an affordable maximum loan amount.
After you submit this brief application, you will receive a loan estimate with your approved loan amount, repayment terms, and interest rate. A Velocity City loan representative will be in touch shortly to finalize your loan and complete the fund transfer.
From start to finish, our title loan process is generally just 1 to 2 business days.
If you own your vehicle outright and have a steady source of income of any type, you likely qualify for a title loan. The basic qualifications include:
- State- or government-issued ID to verify you are 18 or older
- Clear title to your vehicle. You should not have outstanding liens on your car.
- Ability to repay. This will determine how much you can borrow, along with your vehicle value.
Title Loans Ogden Regulations
Utah allows title loans with few restrictions as to maximum interest rates, loan amounts, or how often borrowers can roll over their loans. This has created a great deal of competition among lenders which can benefit borrowers.
State law does not restrict how much you can borrow, although you will be limited to borrowing up to your vehicle’s fair market value.
This protects the lender from lending more than the collateral’s value — much like a mortgage lender would not lend more than the value of a home — and it protects the borrow from greater risk.
You can renew your title loan an unlimited amount of times, or roll your loan into a new title loan. This may be beneficial if your financial situation lasts longer than you anticipate and you need longer to pay off the loan.
Ogden, UT Title Loans
Limiting your loan to the amount you need and can afford to repay can reduce the cost of your loan and reduce the likelihood that you will need to roll over the loan, however.
Consumers who default on title loans in Ogden, Utah are subject to repossession as the loans are secured. Keep in mind lenders never want to repossess a vehicle as this process is expensive and time-consuming and the lender very rarely recovers the full loan amount when this happens.
If you are struggling to repay your title loan, Velocity Cash will work with you to develop a payment plan to avoid default.
If your vehicle is repossessed, Utah law requires that you receive written notice of the intended sale date and your right to redeem the car by paying off the remaining balance of the loan.
Why Choose a Car Title Loan?
Utah residents turn to title loans over alternatives for many reasons. If you are dealing with a short-term emergency and cannot qualify for traditional loans, or you need the money soon, a title loan may be a good choice in your situation.
Benefits of car title loans in Ogden include:
- Funding in 1-2 days. While banks take weeks or months to underwrite, approve, and fund loans, title loans can give you the money you need in just one to two days. When you need cash in a hurry for important repairs or to avoid disconnected utilities, time is of the essence.
- Easy to qualify. There are very few qualifications for a title loan. Unlike a bank or traditional lender, title loan providers in Utah do not require a certain credit score. In addition, you can qualify with any source of income, whether it comes from retirement, wages, self-employment, Social Security, or disability benefits. Your vehicle’s value and your ability to repay are the sole qualification factors.
- No restrictions on use. You can use the loan proceeds for anything you like, whether it’s paying bills, making repairs on your home or car, buying groceries, buying birthday presents for the kids, or anything else. Bank loans are typically only made for a specific purpose.
- Continue driving your car. While a pawn loan can also offer fast access to the money you need, you will need to surrender your property as collateral for your loan. With a car title loan, the lender holds the title only and you continue driving your vehicle while you make payments.
- Flexible repayment options. A title loan provider can offer a customized repayment plan that fits your situation, whether you want to make weekly or monthly payments. Your loan can be repaid early without prepayment penalties, or you can roll it over into a new title loan if you need more time to pay off your loan.
- Any source of income can qualify. While traditional lenders have strict requirements in the types of income that can be allowed, title loan providers can accept any regular income as proof of ability to repay. This includes disability benefits, Social Security, and income from retirement, wages, or self-employment.
- Potential to save money and your credit. While there is a cost with a title loan, as with any other loan product, you can use this short-term loan wisely to save money and your credit. For example, using the loan proceeds to ensure you can make minimum payments on credit cards avoids not only late fees but damage to your credit score. Avoiding utility disconnection saves not only a major inconvenience but also costly late fees and disconnection and/or reconnection fees.
If you are struggling with a short-term financial situation and feel like you have no options, don’t lose hope. A car title loan can give you cash in hand in just one to two days to help you recover.
Velocity Cash offers affordable title loans to Ogden, Utah residents. You can get started today with our five-minute online application to get approval and funding in just days.